Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Personalise it! Machine embroidery for home projects.

Hello Dubai Crafters,

It's Reesha here today and I would like to share with you my most recent sewing project. I love to personalise things around the house and office. Whether it be monograms or labels, I love putting our names on everything.


Personalised it with Craftland

My 4 year old girl, just began her ballet classes. And she is very protective of her little ballet shoes, tutu and head dress. I wanted to make her a little drawstring backpack for her to carry all her little things to take to class with her.


Of course, all you mums of little girls out there will know that you rarely go wrong with PINK, so I went for this lovely Disney Princess fabric that I have been dying to find a use for. The fabrics come in mini bolts of  2 yards each, and feature a variety of popular prints both for girls and boys.



I combined the fabric with a some pink chevron from Riley Blake designs so that I could do a bit of personalisation on it.

I chose a fun glittery pink mettalic threads from out Madeira Mettalic Machine embroidery thread selection and embroidered "Chloe's Ballet Bag", across the top.


If you have an embroidery machine or are thinking of getting one, why not book our new private class for Machine Embroidery at Craftland. During the hour, we will teach you how to use the features of your machine, the importance of using the correct stabalisers, and how to get the most from your machine.

Machine embroidery can be addictive and can blossom into a fulfilling hobby or business. Drop in to see our range of emroidery machines and software and get personal!

No comments:

Post a Comment